This is one of my all time requested and favorite meal prep recipes, Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! Think Buffalo Chicken Dip, but healthier! Juicy, spiced pulled chicken, stuffed into a steamed sweet potato, topped with cool and creamy ranch cauliflower. These stuffed sweet potatoes are the perfect make ahead meal, they reheat so well, and the flavor stays spicy and fresh!
My personal chef client families ask for this recipe weekly, it’s really become a favorite! If you’ve ever wondered what makes a great meal prep dish, it’s got to check off a few boxes. Does it reheat well? Will it start to taste like “fridge”? Will all of the textures still hold up in 4 days from now? This one brings it home- it reheats easily, the spices keep the flavor fresh, and texture stays perfect!
You can easily roast your chicken, poach it in a pot, or use a pressure cooker, like I did, to get the perfect shredded chicken. All roads lead to flavor town here, so whatever method you prefer is the perfect choice.
You can use this Buffalo Shredded Chicken for so many recipes, like…
This creamy One Pot Chicken Mac & Cheese, just sub this chicken for the chipotle chicken! Turn my Pulled Chicken Crunch Wrap Supremes into Buffalo Chicken Crunch Wraps, yum! It would also be delicious piled high on a few of my favorite, Spaghetti Squash Fritters, with a drizzle of ranch!
If you have time to roast your sweet potatoes, feel free! 375 degrees for 50 minutes and they’ll be ready, or you can pierce with a fork and microwave for 10-15 minutes, rotating every 5 or so minutes until they’re soft. You can also put the steaming tray into your Instant Pot and cook them while cooking your chicken.
I love to use cauliflower rice for this recipe, because I find the small little pieces get into every bite, adding this cooling and creamy layer to the spicy chicken and sweet potato. If you prefer florets, that’s totally ok, and you can even roast them if you want to add an extra layer of crisp.
For this recipe, the kitchen tools you will need are,
- An Instant pot, or large pot.
- A skillet.
- A large mixing bowl.
- Measuring cups & spoons.
For this recipe, the ingredients you will need are,
- Chicken breast or thighs
- Sweet Potatoes
- Cauliflower Rice
- Ranch seasoning, I’ll link my favorite one here.
- Buffalo sauce, I prefer Franks Red Hot.
After you have all your supplies and ingredients, it’s time to make the dish! Let’s dig in!
This is one of my all time requested and favorite meal prep recipes! Juicy, spiced pulled chicken, stuffed into a steamed sweet potato, topped with cool and creamy cauliflower. These stuffed sweet potatoes are the perfect make ahead meal, they reheat so well, and the flavor stays spicy and fresh!
2 lbs boneless chicken breast or thighs
1.5 cups chicken stock
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
4 sweet potatoes
1 lb cauliflower rice
5 T Favorite Ranch Spice Blend, I love Balanced Bites
1. Pierce sweet potatoes with a fork, and add to microwave safe plate. Cook for 10-15 minutes, rotating every 5 or so minutes, until tender and cooked through.
2. In a pressure cooker or large pot, add chicken stock, minced garlic, chicken pieces, 1 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper, and 2 T ranch seasoning. Pressure cook for 25 minutes and manual release, shred with 2 forks, and add 1 cup Franks Red Hot Sauce. Stir to combine.
3. Sauté Cauliflower Rice for 5 minutes, until softened. Mix in remaining 3 T Ranch Seasoning.
4. Assemble potatoes. Between 4 bowls, add a cooked sweet potato, split down the middle with the insides mashed and ready to eat, with 1/4th buffalo chicken. Top with 1/4th ranch cauli rice. Garnish with cilantro at eating. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4
I Hope you love this recipe as much as we do, at home, and at work! Be sure to tag me on instagram when you make this at home, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading!