Last week, the CEO of Taco Bell announced that potatoes were returning to the menu in 2021, and the internet exploded with TB fans rejoicing! It brought me back to my college days, and the craving for a Crunch Wrap Supreme kicked in. I made a batch of Burrito Style Chicken last week, and the light bulb went off, no turning back.
You can easily sub ingredients that you like. Want pico instead of tomatoes? Great! Want to use Greek Yogurt instead of sour cream, no problem! You can use the new Siete or Mikey’s Giant Grain Free Burrito Shells, or stick with flour tortillas, the choice is up to you!
The secret to the Crunch Wrap is the crunchy layer in the middle. You can buy corn tortillas already fried into tostadas, or you can crisp up your own. I prefer to spray mine with a little oil and crisp them up under the broiler, flipping a few times until they’re stiff.
I use chicken in this recipe, but you could easily sub a ground meat. If you’re making this on your Flat Iron Griddle, you can cook the beef right on the griddle. No mess, no extra clean up! Sold. Let’s dig in!
This blog is done in long term partnership with Char-Griller Grills. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting thatswhatsheeats.
Pulled Chicken Crunch Wrap Style Burritos
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 Burritos 1x
- 1 cup pulled chicken mixed with taco seasoning and enchilada sauce
- 2 large burrito sized tortillas
- 2 corn tostadas or tortillas you crisp in the oven
- 2 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo or chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup queso
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Place large tortilla on a flat surface, add half of the chicken mixture and half of the queso. Top with a tostada and half of the sour cream. Sprinkle on half the lettuce, pico, and shredded cheese, and top with the remaining small tortilla. Fold inward over the small tortilla to close and repeat the same process to finish the second crunch wrap.
- Preheat Char-Griller Flat Iron Griddle over medium heat. Drizzle with 1 tsp oil, and spread evenly. Place Crunch Wraps seam side down on the griddle and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown. Flip, and cook for another 5 minutes until the other side is golden brown. Serve while hot and enjoy!
You guys, I hope you love this take on a college favorite! Sometimes it’s just fun to put your own spin on something famous! I can’t wait to see what spin you put on yours, so be sure to tag me on Instagram, @thatswhatsheeats.
Thanks for reading!