This Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta is a weeknight pleasure, with Smoked Pulled Chicken, smokey chipotle sauce, and plenty of melty-cheese, this recipe is going to be a hit on your weekly rotation.
Does the internet need another One-Pot Pasta recipe? Yes. Here it is. it needs this six-ingredient recipe!.
I love a one pot pasta- cooking the noodles in a measured amount of liquid so you don’t have to strain! It also *infuses* the pasta with whatever flavorful liquid you’re cooking it in! It’s also a way to keep clean up to a minimum, since we’re utilizing one pot to cook it all!
If you’re looking for another short-cut step, feel free to shred up a rotisserie chicken for the pulled chicken. I smoked mine for 25 minutes, and then roasted it till cooked through. This recipe would be perfect to use a rotisserie chicken to save time and keep flavor!
Here’s the equipment you’ll need to prepare this pasta:
* A large pot, I used a dutch oven.
* A wooden spoon or spatula, something sturdy for stirring.
* measuring cups.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to prepare this pasta:
* Your favorite pasta shape.
* Your favorite cheese, you can use a spicy pepper jack, a chipotle infused, or white cheddar, just be sure to shred it yourself because it melts well.
* Smoked Pulled Chicken, white or dark meat is up to you!
* Milk of your choice, I used skim.
* Broth, I used chicken.
* Chipotle in adobo, which is the sauce the peppers are packed in. you can freeze the remainder of the can and cut of pieces as you need it for future recipes
* Cilantro to garnish!
This dish can easily be transformed into a plant-based meal. Substitute your favorite plant based milk, veggie broth, vegan cheese, and cauliflower florets to make this dish compliant! It would be so good if you’re looking to add more plant based meals to your weekly round-up.
Cooking the pasta in a mixture of broth and milk is not only a flavor bomb, but it combines with the starchy-ness from the pasta to create this thick sauce at the end, a perfect home for all the shredded cheese you’ll mix in to make a delicious mac & cheese. This recipe can technically stop there, it’s almost better than the box, but if you want to take it all the way home, be sure to add the chipotle chicken. Let’s dig in!
One Pot Chipotle Chicken Mac & Cheese
A smokey, spicy, One Pot Chipotle Chicken Macaroni & Cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
1 lb pasta, pick your favorite shape
4 cups low sodium chicken stock
1 cup skim milk
2 cups shredded cheddar
2 cups pulled chicken
2-3 T chipotle in adobo, add more if you like spicy
1 T cilantro, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pot, add pasta, broth, milk, and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until aldente, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. There should be a decent amount of thick liquid left in the pot, which helps us make our cheese sauce!
- Remove the pot from the heat, and stir in the shredded cheese. Mix well until the cheese is fully incorporated, and thoroughly melted. It’ll be gooey and delicious! Then, fold in the pulled chicken, and the chipotle in adobo. Serve with a sprinkle of salt, pepper, and some chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do, and I can’t wait to see you make it in your kitchen! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading,