If you’re anything like me, you appreciate the true gift in life that is a Breakfast Sandwich. Sometimes I keep it classic and other times, I go all out! This So-Cal inspired California Sunrise Breakfast Sandwich has it stacked to the gills! Stacked toasted brioche, over-easy egg, mashed avocado, tomato-cilantro sauce, melted pepper-jack, and the best Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Sausage.
this blog is done in partnership with my friends at Jones Dairy Farm. All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting thatswhatsheeats.com
What makes a good sandwich? In my opinion, it starts with toasted bread.
Today we’re using buttery brioche buns. Next, something creamy, like this cilantro-tomato sauce. Next, a handful of some sort of greens, lightly dressed and seasoned. A spicy element, like pepper jack cheese. Then, something special, like mashed avocado. Finally, we finish with the ultimate protein, the All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Sausage from Jones Dairy Farm.
The Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Chicken Sausage Patties are my favorite breakfast protein, and let me tell you why. The flavor is superior, just packed with spices and herbs, and no antibiotics, ever! They are certified paleo and gluten-free! Plus, they never add any artificial preservatives or MSG. They’re the perfect size for a breakfast sandwich. They have a circular flat shape that gets crispy around the edges and stays juicy in the middle. You can find Jones Dairy Farm Products near you, here.
If you love Breakfast Sandwich Recipes, you’re going to love my Breakfast Sausage Empanadas, and my Pancake & Sausage Muffin Bites with Maple Butter. Don’t forget to check out my Breakfast Recipes for other ideas!
This Breakfast Sandwich is a nod to California by adding some warm-sunny flair. You can make this your own by adding whatever veggies you love, your favorite cheese, and sauce. I used pepper-jack cheese for a hint of spice, and mixed greens on top. I also love to mix roasted tomatoes with cilantro and mayo to make a bright and fresh sauce to tie it all together.
Let’s talk sauce.
this mayo based sauce has three ingredients, mayo, roasted tomatoes, and cilantro. It’s great spread on a sandwich, or dunking sweet potato fries, it’s good on everything.
Here is a list of equipment you will need to make this Sandwich.
* Baking Sheet lined with parchment
* small bowl for mixing and mashing
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this sandwich.
* Brioche Buns.
* Pepper-Jack Cheese.
* Farm Fresh Eggs.
* Mixed Greens.
* Roasted or fresh tomatoes.
* Fresh Cilantro.
*Butter or Oil.
Now that we have all of our items together, let’s dig in!Print
This So-Cal inspired California Sunrise Breakfast Sandwich has it stacked to the gills! Stacked toasted brioche, over-easy egg, mashed avocado, tomato-cilantro sauce, melted pepper-jack, and the best All Natural Chicken Sausage from Jones Dairy Farms.
1 package Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Chicken Sausage
4 Brioche Buns
4 slices Pepper-jack Cheese
1 cup Mixed Greens
4 Farm Fresh Eggs
3 T Roasted Tomatoes, or fresh tomatoes- diced
2 T fresh Cilantro, Chopped
1/3 cup Mayo
1 Avocado, mashed
1 T Butter
1 T Oil
salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425. On your baking sheet lined with parchment, add your sausage patties and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown at the edges.
- While the sausage cooks, butter your buns and toast them in a skillet over medium heat, until golden. set aside. In the same pan, add eggs, and cook until your doneness liking, I like mine sunny side up.
- Next, mash your avocado and season. Toss your greens with the oil, and salt & pepper, too. Finally, mix your sauce. Combine mayo with roasted tomatoes, cilantro, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Now that the ingredients are done, let’s assemble our sandwiches. Spread 1/4th of the avocado mash on the bottom of the brioche bun and layer with chicken sausage, a slice of pepper-jack cheese, an egg, 1/4th of the greens, and 1/4th of the tomato mayo dolloped on the top bun. Repeat for all four sandwiches and enjoy! These serve well with a bowl of fruit or a simple side salad for an ultimate brunch or eat as is- on the go. Enjoy!
Keywords: Breakfast Sandwich, California Breakfast Sandwich
I hope you love this breakfast sandwich as much as I do, and I cannot wait to see you recreate them in your home! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading,