Shake up Dry January with our Mocktail Mania roundup! These handcrafted, alcohol-free delights are all about fresh ingredients and fizzy fun, perfect for toasting to a healthy and joyful new year.
Dry January Round Up
Embracing Dry January or just looking to mix up your beverage game? You’re in the right place!
As someone who doesn’t drink alcohol, I daresay I’ve become quite the maestro of mocktails. I love experimenting with sparkling waters and fresh ingredients!
These are the go-to beverages we whip up at home – they’re creative, refreshing, and oh-so-delicious. From hosting a cozy get-together to just winding down after a long day, these mocktails always add a splash of excitement.
What is a mocktail?
In my mind, mocktails are the ultimate party starters – all the flair and flavor of cocktails, minus the alcohol. They’re perfect for Dry January, the sober curious, or anyone who loves a fantastic drink without the side effects of alcohol.
I also love how versatile a mocktail is. You can enjoy one any time of the day without a second thought! Mix one up to brighten your morning, freshen up your afternoon, or wind down in the evening.
To me, mocktails are a celebration of ingredients in an invigorating little glass! So whether you’re toasting to good health, great company, or just because, mocktails are the perfect way to raise your glass.
Can you order a dry January mocktail?
Absolutely! If you find yourself out and about, I’ve got some tried-and-true tips for ordering at the bar.
My personal favorite? A crisp soda water with a splash of grapefruit and lime for that zesty Paloma feel.
But for something super easy, I always opt for sparkling water with lime in a short glass. Why a short glass, you may ask? Because if I drink a 32oz big gulp of soda water, I’ll float all the way home!
I prefer having something I can hold in one hand so I can dance to my heart’s content. So I always order my mocktails in a short glass
My wife, on the other hand, prefers NA beers when we’re out. If that sounds more like you, here’s a list of her Top 10 Favorite NA Beers to inspire you:
- Untitled Art Juicy IPA
- Untitled Art Italian Pilsner
- Athletic Brewing Co. Free Wave, Hazy IPA
- Brew Dog Hazy AF
- Lagunitas IPNA
- Heineken 0.0
- Athletic Brewing Co. Oktoberfest
- Athletic Brewing Co. Cerveza
- Brew Dog Punk AF
- Athletic Brewing Co. Whitspeak
Ready for my absolute favorite mocktails? These are my Top 5 go-to beverages that we make at home on a consistent basis. I just know you’re going to love them!
1 – Pomegranate Nojito
Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lime, sliced
- ¼ pomegranate, or ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 6 large mint leaves
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup ice
- 12 oz sparkling water, lime flavor if available
- (optional) 1-2 tbsp honey, if you prefer a sweeter beverage
- In the Aer Disc container, add water, ice, lime slices, and mint (and honey, if using). Next, squeeze the pomegranate quarter into the Aer Disc, releasing the seeds into the container
- Cover container with lid, and blend on level 10 for :30 seconds
- Fill two glasses with ice. Pour the blended mixture into each glass, using the lid to lightly strain the liquid from the blended ingredients
- Top each beverage with sparkling water, and garnish with a piece of the blended lime and a sprig of mint. Cheers!
Watch me make this one over on Instagram!
2 – NA Dirty Martini
Time: 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive brine
- Juice of ¼ fresh lemon
- 1 can yuzu sparkling water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- lemon peel for garnish
- Mix lemon juice and olive brine together
- Pour evenly between two chilled glasses
- Top with yuzu sparkling water
- Drizzle with a touch of olive oil and add the lemon peel. Cheers!
See this one in action on Instagram!
3 – Spicy Mango Nojito
Bright, spicy, with the perfect balance of sweetness! Learn how to make this one in my Mango Mojito Mocktail recipe.
You can also check it out on Instagram!
4 – Spicy Blood Orange Margarita
Packed with bright, spicy flavor with a dash of sweetness to balance the tangy, slightly-bitter citrus flavors. Meanwhile, a hint of lime and fresh basil brings it all together. Learn how to make this one over on my Blood Orange Mocktail post!
Catch all the deliciousness on Instagram!
5 – Cranberry Lime Nojito
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups water
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup mint
- 1 can sparkling water
- Lime and berries for garnish
- Pulse all ingredients in my Vitamix Aer Disc
- Pour over ice
- Top with sparkling water for that perfect fizz. Cheers!
And there you have it – a roundup of delightful mocktails to brighten up your Dry January and beyond! Each recipe is as fun to make as it is to sip.
So go ahead, explore these recipes, and discover your new favorite way to celebrate. Cheers!