Just thought I’d give a home to one of my favorite weekly meal staples- Burrito Style Shredded Chicken in the Instant Pot.
This one is really simple, just taco seasoning, your favorite enchilada sauce, and chicken. A few minutes in the IP, and you’re ready to go. I make about 2-3lbs at a time and freeze in smaller portions to pull out for dinner on busy nights. This is a great option for leftovers all week because it packs in a ton of flavor, and stays flavorful for days- without getting that weird “fridge” taste chicken gets sometimes. I know you know what I mean.
I love to utilize this chicken for….. burritos, of course, and then stuffed into sweet potatoes, tacos, rice bowls, salads, nachos, whatever you like! If you want to skip the taco-flair, add 1 cup of buffalo sauce, and a few tablespoons of ranch seasoning instead to make another great option. We love that version stuffed into sweet potatoes especially.
- 2–3 lbs chicken breast
- 2 cups enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 3 T taco seasoning
- Clean chicken breast, and pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper. Preheat the instant pot on sauté. Once the IP says it's HOT, drizzle in some olive oil, and arrange chicken breasts in the bottom, allowing them to sear for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Turn the IP off, and add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to the seared chicken, making sure to scrape any stuck bits at the bottom of the pot up- if you don't the instant pot will shut off during the cook time due to burning.
- Close lid and make sure the valve is on the sealed setting. Set your IP to poultry or pressure cook for 25 minutes.
- Once done, you can let it manually release, or quick release by pushing the valve toward release, making sure to keep out of the way of the steam. Shred chicken and enjoy!
Hope you love this easy recipe! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, when you make this at home! I love to keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading, friends!