It’s officially Friday. Is it too soon to start thinking about weekend breakfast? You know, when you pour that slow cup of coffee, turn on a playlist, and make something a little special. These breakfast dumplings check the box, filled with small batch Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Sausage, farm fresh eggs, sharp cheddar, and a little jalapeno for kick. This recipe would be really fun to make with kids, there’s plenty of hands-on opportunities for everyone. First we sauté the Certified Paleo All Natural Pork Sausages, featuring the original sausage recipe created more than 130 years ago. Next, scramble in eggs, plenty of cheese, and a touch of heat, to make one delicious bite!
This blog is done in partnership with Jones Dairy Farm. All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting thatswhatsheeats.
Before we get started with the recipe, I wanted to link a few dumpling folding resources for you to learn. I encourage you to try some traditional dumpling recipes at home, too! You can click here for @eatchofood simple fold technique, and also here for @hellolisalin technique, as well!
This recipe is a fun way to eat breakfast. I don’t have any kids just yet, but I imagine if I did, they’d love to help make this recipe. After we cook the ingredients, little hands could help mix them together, stuff the dumpling wrappers, and get ready to eat. These also freeze incredibly well, and you can freeze them in batches to cook again over the next few weeks.
We start with Jones All Natural Pork Sausage. The flavor is perfect, nitrate free, and frozen for freshness. You can find Jones products at most major retailers nationwide – just check out their product locator. After searing on each side, I let them cool for a few minutes before crumbling them for the filling. Next I shredded some sharp white cheddar, scrambled a few eggs, and diced some jalapeño. If you’re not a fan of heat, you can substitute scallions, no problem! The dipping sauce is easy- just a few dollops of mayo or yogurt, some diced jalapeño, cilantro, and salt & pepper. Again, you can sub green onion here if you like! Let’s dig in!
- 5 5 Jones All Natural Pork Sausages, Seared
- 4 eggs scrambled, with 2 tablespoons set aside
- 2 T water
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese
- 2 T jalapeno, chopped
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- 1 T cooking oil
- Fresh Dumpling Wrappers find them at your local Asian Market, or in the produce section of most stores near the tofu
- 3 T Mayo, or Greek Yogurt
- 2 T water
- 1 T jalapeño, diced
- 1 T cilantro, chopped
- salt & pepper taste
- Cook Jones All-Natural Sausage according to package and set aside to cool. Next, scramble eggs, and set aside. Crumble sausage into eggs, and add cheese, diced jalapeño, cilantro, salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Mix reserved egg with the water to make the glue for your dumplings.
- Set up your dumpling station. Place wrappers in a damp paper towel to keep them from drying out while you wrap them. Take one wrapper and place it in your palm. Run your finger along the edge of the wrapper after dipping it in your egg and water mixture. Add 1 teaspoon of the filling to the center and fold.
- Once your dumplings have been folded, heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and add cooking oil. Place dumplings in pan and let them cook for 2-3 minutes, until each bottom is golden brown. Next add 2-3 T of water to the pan, cover with a lid, and let steam for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix ingredients for sauce and serve with warm dumplings! Store leftovers in the fridge up to 5 days, and in the freezer for 3 months. Enjoy!
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do and can’t wait to see you make it in your kitchen. Be sure to tag me on Instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading!