Tis the season to take short cuts, fa la la la la, la la la la. Ok, no shame in my cake-mix cookie game. For my fellow friends who don’t adore baking, cake mix cookies have brought me JOY this year. All you need is a box of cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/2 a cup of neutral oil. You can add sprinkles, chocolate chips, fresh fruit, really anything you like.
In the spirit of winter holidays, I wanted to do a take on hot cocoa- with a devils food cake mix, mini mallows, and a few hunks of a hot chocolate flavored candy bar. These cookies keep a light and cake-like (imagine that ha!) texture, and hands down, make the BEST ice cream sandwiches. The cookies freeze so well and don’t get too hard, like a more dense cookie. We make these with vanilla cake and confetti sprinkles too, but hope you will try your hand at making your own flavors! Let’s dig in!
Hot Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Total Time: 16 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- 1 box Devils Food Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Neutral Oil, like grapeseed, avocado, coconut-etc
- 1/2 bar Hot Cocoa Chocolate Bar (broken into pieces)
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows (cut in half)
- sea salt to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil, stirring until combined.
- scoop 2-3 T size spoonfulls onto the baking sheet, and add pieces of the chocolate bar. Bake for 9 minutes.
- Pull cookie tray from oven, and add 2-3 pieces of mallow to each cookie, and return to oven for 2 more minutes, letting marshmallo warm through and get melty. Once done, sprinkle with sea salt, and let cool. Enjoy!
Hope you love these holiday cookies! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, if you make these in your kitchen! I love to keep up with your foodie journey at home!
Thanks for reading, friends!
Leave a Reply