It took me about five rounds to name this sandwich. It went something like, Brioche Maple French Toast Breakfast Grilled Cheese, and French Toast Breakfast Grilled Cheese. Talk about a mouthful, but this sandwich is quite a mouth-full as well. We’re going to layer thick slices of brioche french toast, with melty cheddar, golden brown maple sausage, yolky eggs, and a drizzle of maple. Hello flavor bomb.
this blog is done in long term partnership with my friends at Jones Dairy Farm. All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting, @thatswhatsheeats.
This sandwich makes me think of my childhood- stacks of french toast, and the scent of maple sausage. Truly magical.
Growing up, my father was a minister. It’s pretty busy growing up as a preachers kid, but one shining light of living at a church was the amount of pancake suppers we put on with the congregation. Stacks and stacks of pancakes and french toast, and pans of maple sausage links were a scent that I was raised on. This sandwich brings me right back to those moments.
If you’re like me, you make a whole loaf of bread for french toast, and reheat throughout the week. It’s not a lot of work to make french toast, but if you’re going to do the thing, you might as well make a whole batch and enjoy the fruits of your labor for days. This recipe is the perfect way to utilize some of the leftovers.
This recipe features the greatest maple sausage ever, Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage Links.
I love these Maple Sausage Links from Jones Dairy Farm. They get golden brown, and have all of the characteristics we love in all their other products, all natural ingredients and never any fillers. Maple Syrup from Wisconsin is where all of the flavor comes from. I hope you try these soon, you can find them at a store near you, here.
My french toast recipe is simple, if you have a favorite way to make yours, please go ahead. For a loaf of brioche, I whisk together four eggs, 2 cups oat milk, 1 T vanilla bean extract, 1 tsp salt, and 1 T cinnamon sugar. I slice my brioche thick, and dunk in the custard mixture, then griddling each side of the toast in melted ghee, for about 2-3 minutes per side.
Here’s a list of equipment you will need to make these ultimate sandwiches:
- baking sheet lined with paper
- large skillet
- box grater
- a spatula or tongs for flipping
Here’s a list of ingredients you will need to make these ultimate sandwiches:
- Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage Links.
- fresh eggs
- a loaf of brioche
- white cheddar cheese
- pure maple syrup
- oat milk
- cinnamon sugar
- ghee or melted butter
This recipe makes four large sandwiches. You can serve halves with a side of fruit salad or greens for a delicious brunch, or freeze the french toast for sandwich assembly at a later date. Let’s dig in!
Thick slices of Brioche French Toast, with melty cheddar, fresh eggs, and Maple Sausage come together to make the Ultimate French Toast Grilled Cheese.
1 box Jones Dairy Farm Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage Links
8 slices of brioche french toast
1.5 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
2 T Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute Jones Dairy Farm Maple Pork Breakfast Sausage Links until golden brown, about three minutes per side, over medium heat. Drain on a paper towel, and when cool to the touch, slice down the middle lengthwise.
- Arrange slices of french toast on baking sheet, and evenly disperse shredded cheese among the slices. Next, top four slices with the halved Maple Pork Sausage. Bake for 10 minutes, until cheese is melty.
- While the french toast is in the oven, crack four eggs into a skillet, and cook to your liking. I love sunny side up, so the yolk drips all over the sandwich.
- One the french toast is crisped and the cheese melted, remove from the oven, and add the four eggs to the remaining slices of toast. Top with the opposite side that has cheese and sausage, and drizzle with a touch of maple syrup! Serve while hot, and enjoy!