You’re probably thinking…. what. But, sometimes you just need it all at once, you know? Chicken Wings and Pizza are a classic take-out order, and what I need to know is why we haven’t combined them sooner, because holy YUM.
I love a dry rub on a wing, and these familiar pizza-esq flavors are so delicious on a charred-crispy wing. Let’s take it up a notch with a sprinkle of crispy pepperoni, and serve them with a side of warm marinara.
I love the flavor of grilling the wings- and it makes for such an easy clean up! The secret to a crispy wing on the grill is to keep the heat low and slow. If we grill them quickly over high, the fat will burn and not have a chance to render and get crisp.
This blog is done in long term partnership with Char-Griller Grills. All thoughts, recipes, and opinions are my own.
I hope you’re feeling adventurous and ready to get a little chicken-wing-dunked with me with this recipe! Let’s dig in!
Grilled Chicken wings tossed in familiar flavors of pizza- and a dip in marinara.
- 1.5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili flake
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt & pepper
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino
- 2 T fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/3 cup pepperoni, crispy
- Preheat Grill to Medium heat, we want to keep heat moderately low so we give the wings a chance to crisp slowly without burning.
- Toss wings in salt, pepper, and olive oil, transfer to grill and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes per side, moving around 1-2 times per side, allowing char marks to form.
- After you've flipped the wings and they've finished cooking, toss in a large bowl with fresh parsley, grated cheese, and remaining spices.
- Sprinkle rubbed wings with crispy pepperoni, and serve with warm marinara for dunking. Enjoy!
I hope you try this recipe at home, and love it! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!