Hi there! Sunday already!? I hope you had a lovely weekend. I spent most of it laying mulch, riveting, I know! I saw a lot of people on instagram at apple orchards and pumpkin patches this weekend, I guess everyone is pretty desperate for some fall weather- even though it’s still in the 80’s around here!
That brings me to this sandwich. If you’re wondering what to prep this week, it’s this! It’s a stepping stone from summer grilling with some fall flavors! You’re going to need two hands for this one! My Ultimate Fall Grilled Chicken Sandwich towers above the rest- layered with maple-dijon grilled chicken breast on the Char-Griller, sharp cheddar, and an apple salad on top. It’s bright, sweet, savory, and the perfect “pumpkin patch but it’s still 80 degrees outside” meal. let’s do it.
This recipe is done in long term partnership with Char-Griller. All thoughts, opinions, and recipes are my own. Thank you for supporting @thatswhatsheeats.
Maple Dijon Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 lb chicken breast, cut in half lengthwise and then in half again.
1/2 lb sharp cheddar slices
2 cups mixed greens
1 medium apple, sliced thin
1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, leaves only
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 T maple syrup
1 T Dijon mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
4 burger buns, I love brioche.
1. Preheat your Char-Griller to high heat. Scrape grates clean and spray with a high-heat non-stick spray.
2. Combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup, mustard, and salt in a jar, and shake till combined. Pour half of the dressing over the chicken and let it marinate while your grill heats up!
3. Next, add greens, cilantro, onion, and apple slices to a large bowl
4. Take marinated chicken to the grill. Grill on each side for 3 mins. Since the chicken is a thin cutlet, cook time is quicker! Once the chicken is cooked through on both sides, to 160 degrees, turn off the heat, and add slices of cheese to each piece. Close the grill and let cheese melt for 1-2 mins. Toast your buns at this time, too.
5. Pull chicken and buns from the grill, toss your salad with the remaining dressing, and pile your toasted buns with 2 pieces of the chicken, and a handful of salad. These sandwiches go perfectly with sweet potato fries for the Ultimate Fall dinner! Enjoy!
Hope you’ll try this recipe in your home soon, and please let me know what you think! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading, friends!