Some weeks I’m ahead of the game and prep a breakfast for the work week- usually a batch of overnight oatmeal or freezing fruit for smoothies, some weeks I don’t do anything! While standing in front of the grill today getting some chicken and veggies done for lunches this week- I was wondering how I could make breakfast on the grill while it was hot- keeping me out of the kitchen and outside in the sun a little longer. Bam. Breakfast sandwiches popped into my head.
With blueberries in season, why not add some to this quick & easy chicken sausage recipe. I love the combo of sweet & savory, especially with a schmear of homemade maple butter. Let’s Dig in.
Grilled Breakfast Sandwiches with Blueberry Chicken Sausage
1lb ground chicken
1/3 cup fresh blueberries
1 T fresh sage, chopped finely
2 T Pure Maple Syrup
1 T Butter
6 Whole Wheat English Muffins
½ cup sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your Char-Griller to high. On my Texas Trio, I brought both the propane and charcoal side to fire- using both sides to cook the full sandwiches.
2. While the grill heats, combine ground chicken, fresh blueberries, sage, and half of the maple syrup. Form into 6 even patties and set aside. Mix remaining maple syrup with butter for maple butter.
3. Next, cut English muffins in half, and transfer eggs to a grill safe cooking pan. Top with salt, pepper, and cheese.
4. Once grill is hot, add sausage, English muffins, and eggs. Keep an eye on the English muffins- they only need about 1-2 minutes, just until they’re toasted.
5. The sausage patties need 4 minutes per side, and the eggs will be done around the same time if you close the lid to help them steam.
6. Assemble the sandwiches- apply a layer of maple butter, and egg, and a sausage patty to each English muffin! Serve as is, or wrap in plastic wrap for breakfast prep during the week. You can microwave them for 60 seconds and you have a hot breakfast ready to grab as you head out the door! Enjoy!
Hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Be sure to tag me on instagram, @thatswhatsheeats, when you recreate it! I can’t wait to see your version.
Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply