Happy Valentines Day! Are you seeing red? I am, buffalo sauce red. Romance is in the air….. or on this pizza. To be completely honest, I really don’t like cauliflower crust pizza. I’m down with extra gluten, 100% real deal pizza crust. Maybe I just haven’t had the right recipe, or maybe it really is that bad, but either way, I want cauliflower ON my crust, just not in it!
We’ve been getting some pretty large cauliflower in our local Perfectly Imperfect Produce boxes, and making a version of buffalo chicken pizza sounded so good. It’s pretty simple, just roll out some pizza dough, toss small pieces of cauliflower in your favorite hot sauce, (I love Franks Red Hot), add a drizzle of ranch and a sprinkle of cheese, and you’re good to go!
Also, you can use store bought pizza dough, make the quick & easy dough recipe I have here on the blog, or ask your favorite pizza joint for a ball to go! Let’s dig in!
Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
1/2 head Cauliflower, cut into small florets
1 serving pizza dough
1/2 cup ranch
1/2 cup buffalo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
garnish optional- thinly shaved celery, blue cheese crumbles, fresh cilantro, diced red onion
1. Preheat oven to 450. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper & set aside.
2. Toss cauliflower in half of the buffalo sauce, and reserve the remaining sauce.
3. Roll out the pizza dough to the thickness you prefer, I like mine thin and crispy, and add to baking sheet. Spread half of the ranch on the crust as the sauce. Set the rest to the side.
4. Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the sauced dough, and then top with the cauliflower pieces tossed in hot sauce.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
6. While pizza is baking, mix the reserved buffalo sauce and ranch to make buffalo ranch for the post-bake drizzle.
7. Once pizza is cooked through, sprinkle with garnish of your choice, and drizzle with buffalo ranch, or serve on the side for extra dipping!
I hope you love this recipe makes its way to your kitchen, and when you make it, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can keep up with your foodie journey!
Thanks for reading!
Leave a Reply