It’s no surprise I love to use Vital Proteins as a base for dark chocolate cups. I do it often. I’m also a huge fan of banana bread, and also chocolate, so this combo was a no brainer! I mixed a few scoops of collagen whey with almond butter, fresh and dried banana’s, and some roasted walnuts. The end result is ooey-gooey, and so delicious.
I love using Vital Proteins Collagen Whey in my morning coffee, in recipes like these, and in smoothies, for an extra boost of protein and collagen. Collagen is so good for your hair, skin, and nails, but also really great for the lining of your stomach, and helps with digestion! Hello Hashtag Gut Health, am I right!?
This blog is done in partnership with Vital Proteins. All opinions and recipes are my own.
Banana Bread Batter Protein Cups
2 bars of your favorite low sugar, dark chocolate
3 tablespoons coconut oil
4 scoops of Vital Proteins Vanilla & Coconut Water Collagen Whey
1 very ripe banana
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup dried bananas
1/4 cup roasted walnuts (plus some extra for topping)
sea salt for sprinkling on top
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add two bars of chocolate broken into small pieces, and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat the process until the chocolate is melted. Transfer to a dish you can pour from, like a measuring cup.
2. In a silicone mini muffin tin, (you can find mine here), pour half of the chocolate mixture into the bottoms of the tray, and freeze for 10-15 minutes, until the chocolate is firm.
3. While the first layer of chocolate sets, mash the rest of your ingredients together to make the “Banana Bread Batter”.
4. After the chocolate has set, spoon batter mixture evenly, about 1-2 teaspoons, into each cup, and freeze again, 10-15 minutes.
5. After the middle has set, pour the remaining melted chocolate over each cup, and sprinkle with sea salt and any remaining walnuts. Freeze for 1-2 hours, then transfer cups to a storage container and leave in freezer until you gobble them all up!
Hope you love these cups as much as I do!
Let me know how long they last in your freezer, I can’t seem to get past a few days. Insert eye roll but also an angelic face! YUM!