Treat yourself to delightful stuffed squash blossoms for a burst of simple summer flavor! These edible flowers are filled with a blend of ricotta, boursin cheese, fresh herbs, and lemon zest, then lightly battered and fried to golden perfection.
10–12 squash blossoms
½ cup ricotta
2 oz boursin cheese
2 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp Pecorino or Parm
1 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup plain seltzer
1 tsp salt
2 cups high-temperature cooking oil
- Clean the blossoms by plucking the small green leaves from the base and pulling each bulb from the middle.
- In a food processor or mixing bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Pour into a piping or ziplock back and snip the corner.
- Fill each blossom with 1-2 tablespoons of filling, pressing the leaves over the top to contain the filling.
- Pop the stuffed blossoms in the fridge to chill briefly.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on the stove.
- Mix the batter ingredients.
- Take the blossoms out of the fridge. One by one, dip a blossom first into the batter, then into the heated oil.
- Fry 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with fresh lemon or a drizzle of honey