This Sausage and Butternut Squash Galette is layered with herbed goat cheese, butternut squash, and Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Original Pork Sausage Roll, wrapped in fluffy puff pastry, baked till golden brown.
1 Roll Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Original Pork Sausage
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
8 oz herbed goat cheese, softened or room temperature
2 cups butternut squash, thinly sliced
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Roll out puff pastry into a large rectangle, you want it to be about 2 inches longer on each side from rolling it out.
- Next, transfer puff pastry to the baking sheet. In the center, create a rectangle by spreading the goat cheese evenly, about 1 inch from each edge, almost like leaving a crust for pizza. Arrange slices of butternut squash evenly and add dollops of the Jones Dairy Farm Sausage on top.
- Fold the edges of the pastry over just the edges of the filling, and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh thyme. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crust and sausage are golden brown.
5. Slice the galette into 6 large pieces and serve warm. I serve mine with poached eggs and mixed greens. Enjoy!