5-ingredient crispy buffalo tofu bites are perfect for Meatless Mondays, game-day snacking, and everything in between! The crispy texture and spicy flavor will have even non-vegetarians reaching for seconds.
- 2 lb Firm Tofu (this is 2 blocks of tofu)
- ½ cup Buffalo Sauce
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp Seasoning Salt (or 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1 tsp salt)
- ½ cup arrowroot starch
- Draining and rinse the tofu. Pat dry, then cut the block in half lengthwise. Lay slabs onto a flat surface, wrap in a towel, and place a flat and heavy dish on top. Press the tofu for at least one hour.
- Once the tofu has been pressed, cut the slab into four strips, then rotate and cut into four again to create cubes.
- Preheat oven to 425-F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tofu cubes, buffalo sauce, seasoning, and nutritional yeast. Mix gently with a spatula, taking care not break up the cubes but ensuring the tofu is well-coated.
- Sprinkle the arrowroot flour over the mixture. Gently stir until all the pieces are covered in the thick batter.
- Arrange the battered tofu cubes on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- (optional) Toss the tofu with an additional 1-2 tablespoons of hot sauce after they cook for a saucy wing-type of experience!
- Serve with ranch as a dipping sauce or top your favorite salad, wrap, or bowl with these little bites!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 0
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 4
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 11