Give your taste buds a treat with easy homemade sausage scones! Buttery, flaky, and filled with gooey cheese and savory sausage, they taste like they’re straight from your favorite bakery. Top with maple butter for a touch of sweetness in every bite!
Sausage & Cheddar Scones
1 cup Pork Sausage Links, cooked & crumbled
8 oz sharp white cheddar, grated
1 cup AP Flour
½ cup Bread Flour (optional- you can use all AP)
½ cup milk
5 tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
4 tbsp Salted Butter, Softened
3 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a pastry cutter, a fork, or your hands, mix the butter into the flour mixture, working quickly so the butter doesn’t melt.
- Whisk the egg into the milk, then add to the flour mixture with the crumbled sausage and shredded cheese. OPTIONAL – reserve a few bits of cheddar and sausage to top each scone before baking.
- Combine until a shaggy dough forms, then pour out onto the counter. Form a dough round with your hands, using an extra sprinkle of flour if things get messy.
- Cut the dough into 8 even triangles, and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 400F. While it heats, chill the scones in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- If you saved any cheddar and sausage bits, top each scone with a small amount. Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with maple butter (mix 3 parts maple syrup with 4 parts softened salted butter) and enjoy! Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 scone
- Calories: 305
- Sugar: 1.5
- Sodium: 762.9
- Fat: 20.1
- Saturated Fat: 11.9
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18.9
- Fiber: 0.8
- Protein: 11.2
- Cholesterol: 74.2