- 1 lb ground meat (chicken or preference)
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 6–8 cups chicken broth
- 1 can kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1.5 cups carrots (diced)
- 1.5 cups celery (diced)
- .5 cups onion (diced)
- 1 cup orzo (uncooked)
- .5 cup parmesan or pecorino cheese (grated)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T dried oregano
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried chili flake or chili paste (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat soup pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Drizzle in olive oil and add ground meat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, and cooking through, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add chopped celery, carrots, and onion, and reduce heat to medium, letting cook about 5 minutes to soften.
- Next, add your dried spices; the garlic, pepper, parsley, chili, oregano, and hefty pinches of salt and pepper. Stir and pour in stock, grated cheese, and marinara. Bring to a bubble, about 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the beans and pasta, turn heat to medium-low, and partially cover. Stir occasionally while pasta cooks, and soup thickens. Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of cheese. This is perfect with crusty bread and a side salad, a soup-er hearty meal! Stores best in fridge for up to 6 days, or freeze leftovers for 3-5 months.