- 1.5 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1.5 cups sweet potato, steamed or roasted
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3–4 pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 6 buns
Vegan Feta Dip
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo or yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegan feta crumbles, I used Follow Your Heart
- 2 T parsley (chopped)
- 2 T castelvetrano olives, chopped
- 2 pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 T fresh dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 T olive oil
- In a food processor, combine brown rice, sweet potato, egg, garlic, pepperoncini peppers, parsley, salt and pepper, and pulse until well combined. You can also mash these ingredients with a fork if you prefer a chunkier texture, just dice the garlic, parsley, and peppers first.
- Wet hands slightly, and form mixture into six evenly shaped patties. Let chill in the fridge or freezer for 10 minutes, until burgers have a chance to firm up a bit.
- Combine ingredients for Feta Dip and set aside. Pro Tip: dip is even better the next day after the flavors marry, if you have time to make it the day before!
- Preheat Flat-Iron Gas Griddle to medium heat, and drizzle olive oil over the surface, using a towel and tongs to spread it across the griddle. Once it’s been heating up for a few minutes, add burgers and buns to the grill. Let buns toast for 1 minute, then remove. Let burgers cook for 5 minutes on the first side, flip, then finish cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove burgers from grill and begin assembling, piling L,T,O, and a burger on the toasted buns, finishing with a dollop of feta dip! Enjoy while warm! These burgers can keep in the fridge for 5 days, or frozen for up to three months.