A quick weeknight protein prep, perfect for the grill.
- 1.5 Lbs Pork Tenderloin (trimmed and patted dry)
- 1 T Chili Powder
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Salt
- 1 T Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Red Chili Flake
- Preheat your Char-Griller Grill to high heat. For an easy weeknight dinner, I use the gas side of my Texas Trio for quick cooking, but of course, charcoal flavor would only add to this dish.
- While grill is heating, mix spices together, sprinkle heavily over the meat, and rub well. Allow the meat to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes, letting the spices marry.
- When the grill has reached high heat, about 450-500 degrees, add pork loin and close lid. In 5 minutes, rotate meat clockwise to make diamond marks, and allow to cook another 5 minutes with the lid closed.
- After 10 minutes on one side has passed, flip your pork, and repeat- 5 minutes in one position with the lid closed, and rotate again, 5 minutes with the lid closed. I like to pull my pork off the grill at 145 degrees. While it rests, it will come up about 5-8 more degrees, allowing the pork to stay perfectly moist.
- Remove meat from grill, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing, that way all the juices will have time to disperse, and stay in the meat, and not all over your cutting board! Serve with a large tossed salad and your other favorite grilled veggies!