Hi Friends! Wow, Wednesday already! Truly it feels like the longest week that isn’t even Friday. Today I’m finishing my taxes, and if you work for yourself, you know the nauseating process of filing- truly blessing upon our accountants haha. Last night I started my first ever book club. We’re reading “White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard For White People To Talk About Racism” by Robin DiAngelo. Looking forward to sharing this book with thoughtful conversation among the members, and other people in my life. If you’re reading some anti-racism literature, I’d love to hear what you’re absorbing! Speaking of absorbing- I’m eating mass quantities of these little bites of heaven. These are a client favorite- Energy Bites! I make a version of these energy bites for clients weekly, but a crowd favorite seems to be my version of confetti cake batter.
I use a mix of oats, flax, and almond flour to make the bites filling and dense, with a mixture of nut butter and a few splashes of bits and bobs to bring out that cake batter flavor.
I personally think the sprinkles make this recipe- but they’re optional. I do recommend using white chocolate in this recipe. You can either stir the chips in, or melt them and dip your bites in- totally up to you! I used Lily’s brand new white chocolate chips which were gifted to me. I’m a huge fan of Lily’s as their chocolate is sweetened with stevia, which helps sugar sensitive tummies, like mine!
This recipe is super versatile- you can add chia seeds, crunchy nut butter, dates, really, whatever suits your fancy. Basically you want a “dough” like consistency that comes together well enough to roll, but isn’t too sticky. If you have a food processor, you can place all the ingredients in at once and pulse until combined. If you have a blender, pulse the dry ingredients and wet ingredients separately. Either way works! All that being said, let’s dig in!
Confetti Cake Batter Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flax seed
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 5 pitted dates
- 3-4 tbsp confetti sprinkles
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a blender, combine oats, flax seed, almond flour, and salt. Pulse until everything is combined and a flour texture, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Next, in the same blender, add water, cashew butter, almond & vanilla extracts, and dates, pulsing until smooth and creamy. Pour into dry ingredients, add sprinkles, and thoroughly combine.
- Scoop into 24 tablespoon sized balls, and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- While the bites are setting, combine white chocolate chips with coconut oil, and microwave for :30 seconds. Stir, and then microwave for an additional 15-30 seconds, making sure to keep an eye on the chocolate so it doesn't overcook or burn. Remove from microwave, stir again until completely smooth. If your chocolate is still too thick, add an additional teaspoon of coconut oil, until chocolate is a drizzly texture.
- Finally, dip each bite into the chocolate, either half way, or the whole way- totally up to you. Sprinkle again with a pinch of the sprinkles, and return to refrigerator until the chocolate is set. Transfer all of them to an air tight container, and these should stay fresh in the fridge for 5-7 days. Enjoy!
Hope you love these little bites of yum as much as I do! If you make them in your home, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can share them! Also, I’m doing a fun giveaway with Lily’s over at @thatswhatsheeats for a care package including these new white chocolate chips! Head on over to the gram to enter!
Thanks for reading!