Hi friends! Can anyone believe it’s almost June!?
I swear winter in Cleveland was never going to end! Finally the sun is out and warmth is here, and we are moving toward summer with a quick pace! I am ready!
I wanted to take a minute to talk about one of my highlights of 2018, and that was Ajoyo Almondmilk. Partnering with Ajoyo at the beginning of 2018 made sense, they talk about taking a small step toward change, promote a healthy lifestyle, and made it easy to incorporate their almond milks in my diet.
Not only that, but they helped me record TV commercials in NEOhio, get published with Edible Cleveland, allow me to write an E-book of recipes, and also to launch my first cooking demo in Cleveland. These last few months have been a dream come true!
Plus, and this is my favorite, Ajoyo is letting me giveaway a three month supply of their almond milk on my Instagram, plus the chance to win a years worth of almond milk, through their website, here.
If you are local and can catch me at the local farmers market this Saturday, 5/26, at Howe Meadow Farmer’s Market, come say hi! I’ll be making my almond milk ranch for veggie dunks, and my blueberry muffin overnight oats!
If you can’t make it, here is a link to several dairy free recipe’s I’ve created, as well as a few I’m going to share below!
If you’re interested in entering the giveaway for three months of free almondmilk, head on over to my Instagram, @thatswhatsheeats! Thanks friends! Happy that we can make that one small step together. Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Almond Milk Ranch Dressing
Time: 10 minutes Serves: 8-10
1 cup vegan mayonnaise
1.5 cups Original Unsweetened Ajoyo Almondmilk
1 tablespoon fresh scallions
1 tablespoon fresh chives
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender, and pulse 5-10 times, until all ingredients are combined.
2. Use as a veggie dip, or salad dressing. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Creamy Enchiladas with Chicken
time: 45 minutes serves 4
2 cups tomato puree
½ cup Ajoyo Unsweetened Almondmilk
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
salt & pepper to taste
2 cups cooked and shredded chicken breast
1 cup of sautéed bell peppers and onions.
12 corn tortillas, warmed so they are easy to roll.
salt & pepper to taste.
queso fresco, or shredded cheese
fresh tomato salsa
1.Preheat oven to 375.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients for the sauce, and whisk to combine. Allow the sauce to simmer over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes.
3. While the sauce cooks, combine the chicken and fajita mixture for the filling, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
4. In a large oven safe baking dish, spray with non stick spray. Add ¼ cup of the filling mixture to your corn tortillas, and roll up, placing them seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat until all tortillas and filling have been used.
5. Once enchiladas are rolled, pour the creamy enchilada sauce over, and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
6. Once enchiladas are done, either serve individually with toppings on the table, or sprinkle everything on the pan and serve family style.
Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oat Parfait
Time: 15 minutes Serves: 2
2 cups quick cook oats
2 cups Ajoyo Vanilla Almondmilk
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 cup frozen blueberries
1. In a fridge safe container, mix Almondmilk and Oats, store in refrigerator overnight.
2. In the morning, layer the oatmeal mixture with Greek yogurt and frozen berries, repeating 2 or 3 layers. Enjoy!
As always, thanks for hanging, hope to see you this weekend, or over on my Instagram for some fun things coming up soon! Thanks!