These might be the best thing I’ve ever made, ever put in my mouth, ever created, ever breathed upon. YOU GET IT, BUT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE.
This blog is sponsored by my friends at Vital Proteins, allowing this blog to thrive, and allowing me to bring y’all the best products on the Market. I would never work with a company I didn’t 100% L O V E. Always keeping it 100% real with ya!
Good Lord, I am a sucker for banana flavored anything. But, thats kind of what I love about Vital Proteins, they don’t use “flavoring”, they use the real deal, and you see that in every tub of their product- tiny flecks of the actual ingredient, ready to be mixed up into anything good! Any-who. I love their Collagen Whey line, full of gut healthy collagen-good for hair, skin, nails, and tummies, and whey protein- a perfect supplement addition for people living an active lifestyle, and for bariatric tummies like mine! I’ve tried the Cocoa, Vanilla, and now the Banana Cinnamon, holding my favorites at Cocoa, & Banana.
So, These. These…. these…. these… these CUPS. I used ultra dark chocolate, and fresh banana with some scoops of this gold for extra boosts of nutrition for this stellar weeknight treat. Did I mention there’s no added sugar? My favorite!. Let’s get into it, shall we?
PSA. also quick side note- I used a silicon mini muffin tin to make these with, very affordable on amazon, and worth the dollars spent and for the amount of times I’ll be making these. I do recommend using one for this recipe, that way you can “pop” the cup out, and not break it or have to cut it out of a metal mold!
// 1 mini muffin silicon tray- for 24 mini molds.
2 bars of 70% dark chocolate or higher. (really, use what you like, but I prefer dark, and the sweetness of the banana balances everything.)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil.
2 ripe bananas, mashed.
4 scoops of Vital Proteins Banana Cinnamon Collagen Whey.
1 tsp cinnamon.
* you can leave the cups plain, or add toppings with the final pour of chocolate- I used some crunchy banana-nut granola on half, and some thin slices of fresh banana on the other half.
1. Rub inside of silicon mat with 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil on a papertowel, while melting the two chocolate bars in 2 tablespoons of the melted coconut oil over low heat, stirring frequently.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate to each mini-mold, reserving the rest of the chocolate for the topping. Place tray in freezer, and freeze till set, about 10 minutes.
3. While the first layer freezes, with a hand mixer, combine 2 ripened bananas, cinnamon, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, and 4 scoops of the Banana Cinnamon Collagen Whey. in a bowl, and once 10 minutes has passed, spoon 1 teaspoon of the fresh banana mixture into molds, again setting in the freezer for 10-20 minutes, or until middle mixture has set. I swear this tastes just like banana-nut bread batter. swoon.
4. When the middle layer is set, spoon another teaspoon of the melted chocolate and coconut oil mixture on top, immediately adding a thin slice of banana, crunchy granola, or leaving it plain! Once all 24 cups are topped with the remaining chocolate, transfer to freezer for an hour, or until cups are frozen through.
From here, you can pop them out, and set them in a Tupperware in the freezer or fridge for storage for 4-5 days, if they even make it that long. I am telling you, these taste like banana nut bread batter covered in chocolate, and to boot- there’s added protein, what else could we want from dessert?
If you want to try the Banana Cinnamon Collagen Whey, you can click here.
I hope you make this recipe, and tag me on Instagram with the hashtag #thatswhatsheeats, so I can keep up with your foodie journey, too!
Thanks for hanging my friends!