Hi internet – it’s Aly, Aubrey’s fiancé.
If you’ve been following Aubrey on social media for any amount of time long than, let’s say, one week, you might have seen my mug pop up here and there.
I am also one of her followers, so, I know she’s pretty candid about what she tells you guys; whether it’s what she’s thinking about, what she’s doing or where she’s going, what workout just kicked her ass, or, of course, what she’s cooking.
For the most part, I’d say she’s pretty much giving you the whole story. What you see is her life – our life – and exactly what we’re up to.
However, some of the real fun I have is giving her a hard time when I see an Instagram story or post, and I’m like, “Did you really just post/say/explain/do that?”
That being said, I took her login information for this blog because I wanted to give you a little behind-the-scenes on Aubz. Here’s 5 things you probably don’t know about her.
1. She hates movies. (I’ll give you a second to pick your jaw up off the floor). The reason she hates movies is because she can’t sit still. It’s not even that she’s a busybody and needs to be doing something because – trust me – she loves doing nothing. If anyone has a resolution to Aubz hating movies, this is my cry for help.
2. She has a really, um, “thrifty” setup she uses to take the ~super cute~ food photos you see on her Instagram. It’s a piece of cloth draped over a hunk of poster board we bought at Home Depot that I spray painted, all atop of one of the stools we sit on at our kitchen island. Yeah, her pics look damn good. But the stage is so cheap. I am laughing at it right now looking at it next to me because I kind of hate it.
3. The very first soccer game she played in, when she was about 10 years old, she scored a goal for the other team. It didn’t get much better. Team sports really never did become a thing she was good at. Just last summer, a friend of ours taught her how to throw and catch a softball. #sports
4. She sings songs in the car to the beat of the turn signal. (I think she storied about this once, so it might not be an unknown thing) and it DRIVES ME NUTS. I swear to all that is holy that I cannot tell you why it makes me want to claw my eyes out, but it does. I’m just thankful she has a great singing voice.
5. OK – now that I’ve crapped on some of her habits, here’s something I really admire. She truly, honestly, for realzies cares a great deal about everything she does. The food she cooks, her jobs, her Instagram, her blog, her projects, and all of you. I work in media, so I know how SO EASY it is to “fake it” to “make it” when it comes to having an audience of folks on the internet. Sometimes I (selfishly) wish she didn’t give as much time as she does about what she’s created here. But, she does, and damnit if at the end of the day that isn’t super impressive to me.
This wasn’t supposed to be sappy, so I’m ending it with another burn. Sometimes she dances (specifically: bobs her head from side to side) when she eats and I think it’s weird.
Thanks for letting me take over her page for a few minutes! I know you’re here because of her. (I mean, so am I). Have a great rest of your week!