I don’t know about you, but I’m always in the mood for Chili. No matter the season, I always think a bowl of piping hot, meaty chili sounds a-ok!
As you know, I’ve been on a Bone Broth kick, why not, bring on the collagen. I wanted to incorporate my favorite Erie Bone Broth into the mix with this recipe, as well as using up some random goods in my kitchen!
The final product ended up being super tasty, & I just had to share it with you all!
1lb Lean Ground Beef
1 small red onion, diced
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bag Erie Bone Broth, Beef
1 large can fire roasted tomatoes
1/4 cup ground cumin
1/4 cup chili powder, I like Melissa’s Hatch Chili Version.
2 tablespoons coriander
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon paprika
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
1 medium sweet potato, diced
1 can organic black beans
1 cup fire roasted corn
Sea Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In a large pot or dutch oven, drizzle some oil, bring to medium heat, and brown the beef, onions, fresh cilantro, & dry spices until meat is cooked through.
- Push meat mixture to one side of the pot, and add the quinoa to the pot, letting it toast for several minutes.
- Add Bone Broth to the mixture, and scrape along the bottom of the pot, picking up any bits of flavor that may be sticking to the pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir, and simmer on low for at least 30 mins, until quinoa is soft.
- Chili is always best the next day, after the flavors have time to develop,but if you can’t wait that long, serve up a bowl immediately. You can top the bowl of goodness however you see fit- I usually go with cilantro, cheese, jalapeño, & crumbled corn bread.
Hope you enjoyed the recipe, I hope you’ll make it!
Thanks for hanging!
Follow me on Instagram, @aubreystrawb_rny